As an organization in the United States, we are aware of the current situation which the US and the world are going through due to the pandemic Covid-19.
We would like to inform you of the actions that we are taking as an organization to continue helping the communities in the United States, including the immigrant community, and our volunteers.
- Since the beginning of March, we have adjusted our office hours to be open only during the times and days set by local authorities. We have also temporarily suspended our in-person activities such as workshops and on-site classes.
- We have hosted different free webinars such as:
o Learn How to Apply for Unemployment, in different states such as Connecticut, Florida, Texas, and New York, benefitting more than 255 people.
o Available Options in Light of the Financial Impact Caused by Covid-19, benefitting more than 150 people nationwide.
o Financial Workshop, benefitting more than 90 people.
o Informative Workshop on How to Apply For or Find Scholarships in the state of North Carolina, benefitting more than 45 students.
o Guidelines to Design Your Resume, benefitting more than 180 people.
By doing these webinars we were protecting the health of our volunteers, participants, and instructors.
- We helped different businesses, organizations, and consulates distribute food for those who currently need it the most, supporting immigrants, travelers, and families who find themselves in vulnerable situations.
- We share information daily about help from state entities that serve populations such as children, students, and families, who have a current need caused by the pandemic. You can learn about this information at mirausa.net/covid19.
- We promoted the fundraising initiative to donate more than 530 medical safety boxes to protect the doctors in clinics and hospitals in New York. An initiative from MIRA volunteers of the D3 Repro Group.
It is important for us to help others and to inform all of you of the changes In the way MIRA USA supports the community.
We hope that all of you and your families are safe at home.